Friday, December 30, 2011

Ghost of Christmas Past

As usual, I took annual during Christmas week. And, as usual, my boss thinks I'm insane.
Well, I did work Monday and Tuesday. Oh yeah, 69 parcels and 34 SPRs. The Supe said,
"DPS is light today. Eight hours today. Let's go. Eight hours, that's non-negotiable. Why are you people still in the building?"
What about that announcement she just made, the one about parcels not being finished?
When our smiling manager comes to chat, I tell him I am going mad. All he says is "Hey, don't you want to be out there for those tips?"

In a way he could be right. Seeing family is great, but it never really feels like Christmas any more. I'm contemplating selling out and staying to work next Christmas. I hope we're all still employed then. I won't be dramatic and say "it could be our last"..
But with the way things are going, you never know. I really have to re-read the drivel that says HR 2309 will likely be passed n ext year. You know, the one that was never going to go anywhere?
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve but who knows if I'll make it to the party. It is my NS day after all.
See, I'm selling out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment